Staffing for halloween?

@Elliot_Wells are you up for handing out candy on Halloween Friday?

Do you want some assistance? Should we do anything special? Info from DIA

Downtown Ithaca Alliance invites you to host Trick-or-Treaters from 4:00-6:00PM.
Friday, October 30, 2015
Operating like in years past, a community Halloween parade will start at 3:45PM from GIAC and make its way to Downtown Ithaca. From 4:00-6:00PM shops will host trick-or-treaters and hand out candy to kids in costume. Downtown Ithaca will host free mini-carnival games, chili, and hot apple cider inside Center Ithaca during that time too.

If you are interested in participating this year, please CLICK HERE to sign up. Please sign up by 10/25/2015 It’s really fast and easy! We promise!

Participating Stores are expected to provide candy to trick-or-treaters and remain open through the duration of the event. DIA will provide a Trick-or-Treat sign for your store window indicating the store is on the trick-or-treat trail.

Yup I can do that. Maybe we can team up and spookify the entry way? Good opportunities for creepy factor what with the stairs down and whatnot methinks.

I think @laurence is promoting a harry potter theme in the alley. not sure. check w him…

Yes Press Bay Alley will be Diagon Alley for two days, Friday the 30th and Saturday the 31st. On the 31st we’ll have activities from 3 to 5pm such as Boxy Bikes sponsoring quiddich games. I’m making shop signs on the laser cutter so we could make “Ye Olde Generateur” or some such. What ideas do you all have?

I’m not much of a Harry Potter buff but I like the idea. I guess i’m imagining some spoooky creatures in the entryway there, but it seems a little late for complex animatronic projects…

Yeah I wasn’t expecting us to have the time to go too over the top. I was thinking we’d just be open and available and handing out candy. (I will make sure some is bought)

https://www.facebook.com/events/1633034433638155/

Note that over 2,000 people have indicated on facebook that they are coming to Diagon Alley Weekend (!) That is 2% of the population of Tompkins County. So if you have any ideas about how IG might present itself to a large audience, and you can tie into the Harry Potter theme (which resembles Steam Punk I might add), now would be the time to implement that idea.

laser cut masks?

laser cut dragons/pheonixes/critters ??
e.g
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jfpFZCtr6nI/T-k8rj5oz8I/AAAAAAAACw0/7xaOvxdEvoM/s1600/Papercraft+Asian+Dragon+Head.jpg

So, I thought this was in conjunction with the DIA trick or treating on Friday. But it is actually scheduled for 1-6 on Saturday. I don’t think we have anyone staffing at that time.

@laurence - can i hop on the laser today for an hour or so. sometime btwn 10-3