Recycling stuff

Is there a protocol for getting recyclables out the door?

Observed:

Large pile just inside back storage room door to left.
Small random pile in front hallway.
Two bins near food table in front room almost full.

Growing collection of packing materials and leftovers from laser cutter including paper, wood, cardboard accumulating near table saw and assimilating with belongings in back storage.

Would anyone be on board for a team blitz to address the issue?
Do we have recycling service available here? Where does it go?
How can we empower members to appropriately move waste to it’s next stage of life?

1 Like

Elliot,

The recycling protocol is that every other Wednesday I take the trash and recycling to the curb in front of DP Dough for the pick up on Thursday morning. However, it’s no longer clear to me what is intended to be recycled. I used to have the bins clearly labelled for trash, recycling and bottles/cans but they kept getting dismantled and moved over and over again so I gave up.

1 Like

Thanks for the infoLaurence!
It seems like the current situation is a little beyond what one person might reasonably be expected to take care of.
Is that recycling comingled? Is there a limit on how much they take?

1 Like

Elliot,

Trash requires a trash tag which I have been providing. There is no limit on recycling. For the recycling I separate out flat paper and cardboard because it packs better. I also separate out cans and bottles so low-income people can grab them easily.